Inconsistencies

Kids are really good sometimes at pinpointing inconsistencies. This past week was Red Ribbon Week, highlighting the dangers of drugs & alcohol. After a week of this healthy indoctrination (which I believe is good btw), my 10 year old, Landon, looked at me in my pick-up as we passed Brookshire Brothers Supermarket. He said, "Dad, if drugs and alcohol are so bad, then why do they sell it in the grocery store?"

How do you explain cultural inconsistencies to a kid? I attempted to explain about how that some things are legal in a free country such as ours, but that doesn't mean that they are safe OR things that God approves of. He didn't really buy that argument after a week of "drug education."

All I can say is, his question has merit and even 10 year olds can spot cultural AND personal inconsistencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment