The Bible Code

The "Bible Code" is a series of messages alleged to exist in the Torah. The primary method by which messages have supposedly been extracted is the "Equi-distant Letter Sequence Method."
A starting point is chosen in Hebrew, and then letters are skipped with equal spacing. According to Bible Code proponents, words and extended messages are clearly evident.

There are reportedly more critics of the Bible Code than supporters. Perhaps some of you have studied this or heard about it in seminary classes. All I know is what I have read in summary and on Wikipedia. If you have anything to contribute, please do so. But please, not in Hebrew, and not in code.

1 comment:

  1. You most likely know more than I do about it. All I know for sure is that every single one of the proponents I've talked to of this so called code, they all share one thing in common. They will accept this code as truth, and reject the simple plain teachings of the Torah or the rest of the Bible. It seems like something to me that takes away from the message of God rather than adding to it. Also, it would appear it is "new revelation".

    ReplyDelete