Life In Nealville

Life in Nealville has been good of late. All three kids are playing basketball so many weeknights and half of Saturdays are spent in the gym. The game is so rough these days. Do the rules still say that basketball is a "non-contact sport?" It is football without pads and sadly has become not a game of skill, but of strength. Enough whining.

I have been preaching weekly, usually with appointments a month in advance. I have enjoyed visiting and preaching in many churches that I have never been to before. It is really heart-warming to see churches where people hold hands, pray together, and love to talk about the Lord and how He is working their life. It is sad to walk into bleak churches with seemingly no life, no interest in youth or their spiritual needs, and a "circle the wagons" mentality. I'm not being mean or judgmental, just observant and prayerful for those who seem to have lost their joy and purpose for Christian living. Tracy, of course, holds down the home front when I'm gone.
To be honest, if I'm not home, things roll along fine. If Tracy is away, things begin to disintegrate
like BJ Penn in the Octagon (sorry Jason).

To close today's blog, I'd like to include some jocularity (that's for egregious grammarians like Mike Wilkes) to lighten the day.

FUNNY SPORTS QUOTES

On this team, we are all united in a common goal: to keep my job.-- Lou Holtz

We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!-- Pat Williams

I'd run over my mother to win the Super Bowl.-- Russ Grimm

Mike Tyson interviewed after being knocked silly by Lennox Lewis:
“I take my hand off to him...” (perhaps hat?)
In the same interview moments later:
“I think I'll just fade into Bolivian.” (perhaps oblivion?)

Mountain climber on falling:
“If you fall, act like you're swimming to amuse your friends.”

Edwin Drummond, recalling his rescue on a solo attempt off the North American Wall after a 12 day storm:
“I knew I was in trouble when my toots came out cold.”

Rick White, lying half conscious after falling 200 meters off Mt. Shivling, when his partner Greg Child finally reached him said:
“I think I took the fast way down.”

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing that your first post in 20 days has to involve rubbing it in about BJ. I was more co0ncerned about the man hugging going on after he won. I kind of though GSP has a little sugar in his pants.

    ReplyDelete