The Challenge: Godly Thinking

Godly Thinking

The challenge 2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psalm 143:5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.

How does God think toward us??
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Psalm 40:17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Jesus knows our thoughts (two of numerous verses proving Jesus perceives our thoughts)
Matthew 9:4And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
Matthew 12:25And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

How should we think of ourselves?
Romans 12:3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
2 Corinthians 3:5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
Galatians 6:3For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

What should we think on?
Philippians 4:8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

1 comment:

  1. I must say that my feelings are a bit hurt. I checke dout that you follow idiot bro-in-law and idiot bro-in-law 2 but you don't follow idiot bro-in-law 3 (aka me). I am glad that you have entered the blogosphere and I look forward to your posts. My blog is whiterockmbc.blogspot.com I hope to hear from you sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete