Limiting God

I wonder if I'm guilty of limiting God. Perhaps we all are to some degree.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that workesth in us...

Psalm 78:41 Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.

Father, forgive me for limiting you. Live through me according to your will. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I am bothered by the prayer, if there is 1 here that is lost, save them - why not pray all who are lost, save them?
    We often limit God by our expectations - when no one responds to the intitation for a few weeks, we don't expect anything to happen.
    We get mechanical about preparing sermons rather than letting the Word excite us about the message.
    When we sit in a Bible class with a boring teacher, we don't look for God to bless in that study.
    We pray for rain without carrying an umbrella.
    There are many ways we should avoid limiting God.

    ReplyDelete