Attention Government

Attention Government....

The 10th amendment reads as follows:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people"

The 10th amendment affirms the sovereignty of the states and makes it clear that the federal government's powers are limited to those granted in the Constitution.

The federal government is attempting to control health care. Health care is not mentioned in the Constitution, therefore that right is reserved to the states and individuals (which would include businesses and the private sector).

The federal government attempts to control education (ex.No Child Left Behind). Education is not mentioned in the Constitution, therefore, that right falls to the states (public schools) and to individuals (private schools).

Lately, the federal government attempts to control EVERYTHING (student loans, cars, businesses, energy and energy usage, education, health care.....)

I would love to consider myself first, a Christian, and then, a loyal American. But when American government no longer represents the Constitution upon which our country is founded, am I obligated to be loyal?

America seems to be drifting away, and becoming,....unAmerican.

10 comments:

  1. "The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."
    (James Madison)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always Canada. I am with you on this one. Really scary how much the government is controlling and trying to control.

    God please forgove America...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, but you must remember something. When the Supreme Court has supreme power in interpretation of the Constitution, the federal government can control whatever it wants. The problem rests in the Supreme Court, who used to use strict interpretation. Now, they use a liberal interpretation. History proves this has a been a downward spiral in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you have been reading Marbury vs. Madison again, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bro. Adrian, I am disappointed. Are you so silly that you think a document written 225 years ago should govern people today? The principles and practices of our country's forefathers were fitting and relevant for their day, but certainly the sensible can see the folly of trying to use such antiquated manuscripts and methods to govern citizens today.

    This outdated line of thinking is exactly what is wrong with our country, families and churches. Just because it worked "back then" does not mean it is the best procedure today. I know some portions are deemed "the law" but surely some aspects of the law are subjective to modern relativism.

    For those who may not know me, the previous lines were penned with the highest grade of sarcasm-based ink. Bro. Adrian's remarks are dead-on. I just find it ludicrous when I read other authors who promote following the paths of national forefathers yet steer clear of following the footsteps of spiritual forefathers. This is often the thinking of methodological progressives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As far as health care goes, if (when) this bill passes, I will receive a penalty (tax) for having Blue Cross and not the gov't plan. If I don't pay the tax, then I am a felon.

    So I will be taxed for something that I am not buying nor do I want. I think this is why colonists rebelled back in the early 1770's...

    ReplyDelete
  7. To which "other authors" do you refer, brother Mike? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was curious about that also, Mike. Have you been reading George Barna again?

    Changing subjects...Barna was quoted in our ABA BTC Literature Sunday, p.15, by the way.
    I knew you would be happy to hear that if you didn't know already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brother, I think you are wasting your time titling a post "Attention Government". The vote on the health care bill is explicit proof that they are paying no attention to the people of this country.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does anyone know the date by which I must get a government approved insurance? Or are they just going to mail the fee... er... fine... er... penalty... er... taxation without representation to my house?

    ReplyDelete