Blogging Standards (Etiquette)

Should brothers (& sisters) in Christ observe certain standards in blogging?

I'm not sure why some blog, but I blog just to have a little "electronic fellowship" and to discuss mostly Bible and church issues. I am concerned, though, that some recent comments and posts of late are getting more personal and more judgemental. I realize that preachers (myself included) like to press our points and explain how we interpret certain scriptures, how we see associated work, or how we see the ideal church as being. But really.....name calling? labeling people as ignorant? questioning that they are real "men of God" if they have a different view?
Is that going too far or is that acceptable?

Are there blogging standards that preacher brethren particularly can agree upon?

11 comments:

  1. there is one rule about bloggin...there ain't no rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about proper grammar...there "aren't" any rules :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd been here first. I know most of our brethren do their best to spell properly and use proper grammar. I believe this is an extremely important part of "blogging etiquette." Actually, this is a widely-accepted rule for any chatting, blogging, forum posting, etc. Anything which is not personal one-on-one that can be viewed by the public should be as proper as one can make it.

    While we all fall short (myself included) of the king's language, let us be sure we never reach the point of typing in "txt". It is highly annoying, and it shows the decline of communication in today's society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, no rules other than grammar???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the onoy rule in blogging is don't spit on the big dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unless they are big, red and fluffy.

    "Here boy" ::whistles::

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spell very well but I type very inaccurately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps, blog unto others as you would have them blog unto you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello My Brothers

    The truth of the matter is that most all our comments are filled with smartelleckism.

    I am never personal, or dont mean to be--I love the discussions

    In the past when I saw a blog getting a little hot i would attempt to cool it down with racing or wrestling talk. (I know Big J I slighted you)

    We propbable shouldnt be blogging at all--to many trying to be the BIG DOG at one time.

    The problem is some of you guys can only be the BIG DOG on the computer--in person you are just like the rest of my many opponents who met their demise when they fell victim to the Lucious Lodown.

    As I was saying to many want to be the BIG DOG and get the last word.

    I Love You Brothers



    LLL

    ReplyDelete