Books

Our lives are shaped and influenced by many factors. Books have always influenced my thinking, buoyed my hopes and taken me to places and situations I would never have experienced or ever will. The following is not a complete, but a partial list of books that I truly appreciate
Why blog this? Perhaps you might want to consider one of the following and embark on one of the literary journeys I have enjoyed.

The Bible (appreciation for God)

The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey (appreciation for Jesus)

No Shortcuts To The Top by Ed Viesturs (appreciation for mountaineeering)

Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall & Denver Moore (appreciation for people with special needs and ministries)

The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews (appreciation for life perspective)

Addicted To Danger by Jim Wickwire (appreciation for living on the edge)

The Romanov Prophecy by Steve Berry (appreciation for the historical mystery)

Books by Daniel Silva and David Baldacci (appreciation for good novels)

New Commandment: Thou shalt appreciate good books & share them with others.



Adrian

4 comments:

  1. From one avid reader to another, excellent article! Until the next great book or the next challenging climb (or hike as Mike calls it)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contrary to popular perception, I too am an avid reader. I just can't ever remember what I read. A quote for those who can handle it, Bro. Roy Chapman once said (concerning over emphasizing men's writings and under emphasizing God's)..."Students of men become preachers of men, Students of the Word become preachers of God". By the way, I do believe "hike" to be a more proper syntactical selection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro. Adrian, I'm sorry. I should have said, "...a more Sensible Syntactical Selection". So as to not offend the American Alliteration Alliance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brother Mike can quote Brother Chapman... that makes him just as much a student of men as one who quotes a book.

    ReplyDelete