ABA Meeting

ABA meeting in St. Louis this week. "Bro. Moderator I'd like to say a thing or two concerning the motion in question..."

Business has to be taken care of. Missionaries have to be supported. Hovering clouds of questions concerning the Bookstore, the KJV, church sovereignty, church camps, etc., etc. must be settled. And oh yes, preachers need a vacation too.

Perhaps I should be more involved. I just can't help but think that the business will be taken care of in an atmosphere of Godly wisdom and decorum. So, once again, I'll stay home. I have met some dear people at these meetings. At both state and national meetings, I have also encountered groups and cliques that have obviously existed for decades and I have found entrance into their sacred realms impregnable. Talk about man-made fortresses.

One of the joys of ABA meetings is visiting with missionaries. What a great opportunity to visit with those who are on the front lines of evangelism.

Maybe I'll go next year. Maybe I'll even line up at the microphone to repeat for the 11th time that "the motion in question is a violation of church sovereignty!!!"

Or maybe I'll just stay home again and pray God's blessing on the affair and on my somewhat cynical attitude concerning some people's motives at the meetings. Seriously, God bless the ABA & may His will be accomplished.

1 comment: