Wikileaks

Haven't actually read Wikileaks, but it's hijacked information which compromises our gov't. and our troops. Mr. Julian Assange (if that's not Frenchy I don't know what is) stated, "The truth will win out in the end." What a bunch of baloney.

If my neighbor has some "truths" in his life (a troubled marriage, checking account numbers, e-mail lists, etc.), and I steal this information off his computer and publish it, the truth is not the issue. Theft is.

Reportedly, after his arrest, when Mr. Assange was asked by the judge for his residence, replied, "I cannot reveal that." Funny, I guess he just believes in the right of privacy for himself.

I'm through leaking. Except for the fact that I know a few secrets about some preacher friends. You wouldn't believe what.....

1 comment:

  1. Snyder here. I agree it is wrong, but it is our government's position (if I understand the copyright laws I've read) that information is free to all. In other words, I can legally hack into any government website I want (assuming I had the knowledge) and view anything, without prosecution.

    However, changing or making a copy of ANY thing on their servers/websites would be illegal. So trying to cover my tracks by deleting my digital footprints would land me in prison. Not covering my tracks would leave them free to find my identity and location, and do whatever they want from there, including keeping a camera on me 24/7.

    So I am pretty sure the question then falls to did he change anything or make a copy of anything, thus being illegal?

    I don't mean repeating information from memory, I mean making a copy of it. If he did, he can go to jail.

    Finally, his defense might argue that the information was given to him willingly, therefore it is free for him to do with what he chooses.

    These would be the legal matters in the U.S., I think.


    Concerning the morality of the issue... I say throw him into a slam and keep him from doing any more harm. But may God decide what is best and be the ultimate judge.

    ReplyDelete